Fw: Debian Woody on a 2550

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Fri Aug 30 11:23:01 CDT 2002

Hello,
I've got a 2550 with woody running on it, works well.
All the hardware is supported with the bf24 kernel on woody, except for
the broadcom 5700. There is a deb package for the source needed to
compile the 5700 driver (bcm5700-source). Another thing, the dell server
assistant does not work on Debian (or on non-redhat kernels, easily).
you might want to search through the list and check on Matt's webpage,
for more specfics. As  well I believe someone on the list created a
custom woody cd with a kernel that supports all hardware on the 2500
series....
good luck

--
Sean McAvoy