Fw: Debian Woody on a 2550

Sterling Crane general at sterlingcrane.ca
Thu Aug 29 15:11:01 CDT 2002

Good day all,

I am currently pricing out a PE2550 with Dell, I intend on running debian woody on it for a mail server.  I am going to order to mirror'd pairs of drives one 18GB pair and one 73GB pair in Raid 1 configuration. My question is first of all is there any things I should be aware of or any issues with Debian on this particular hardware? Secondly my sales rep said something about the onboard SCSI controller might not work, is this an attempt to upsell or is he correct. He mentioned it works with RedHat which puzzled me, I expect the driver is kernel level and should be distro independant. Also are the onboard nics a problem for woody? Is it as simple as a kernel patch or is it completely unworkable. I've seen the 2550-2560 netinstall iso of woody so I assume everything is fine but I want to be extremley sure before laying down the cash.

Thank you,

Jayson Henkel
Systems Manager
Sterling Crane

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission , dissemination,distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the company.