Openmanage/IT Assistant and Linux

Ed Griffin edg at ll.mit.edu
Thu Aug 29 10:06:00 CDT 2002

I tried that, I still get "Unable to login to the specified system",  Is
there any Linux specific documentation for Openmanage?  I can log into IT
Assistant no problem, but when I try to access anything on the client Linux
2650, I get the above listed error.  I can see anything that is read-only
access, fan speeds, temperatures, etc, but if I try to change the
thresholds for example, I get a dialog box prompting for a username and
password and then the error.

The client server is running Redhat 7.3, kernel 2.4.18-10smp, all available
patches as of yesterday and the latest version of Server Administrator
available from Dell.  I did find a reference to this error, that it could
be caused if SNMP isn't configured for read-write access, but unfortunately
I am not all that familiar with SNMP to know whether or not this is the
case, I was relying on Dell's install to take care of this for me... :)

--Ed