Openmanage/IT Assistant and Linux

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Thu Aug 29 09:39:01 CDT 2002

ITA's defaults are:

username:root
password:calvin

Thanks,

Joshua Giles
Linux Operating System Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Griffin [mailto:edg at ll.mit.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 10:31 AM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Openmanage/IT Assistant and Linux

I installed the latest version of Server Administrator on my PE2650 and I
installed IT Assistant on my Dell Workstation.  When I try to access the
2650 in anything that requires a read/write mode, I get a dialog box that
pops up to login.  When I type in root and any password, unless this is one
I do not know, I have tried my root password, the default Dell root
password for the ERA card, I even tried logging into server administrator
and setting the SNMP root password, I get an error that the IT Assistant
cannot log into the server.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Did I
miss something in the setup or is this extended functionality not supported
by Linux?  I have been playing with Dell servers and Linux for quite a
while, but this is my first attempt at OpenManage in any way shape or
form.  Thanks for any help.

--Ed

Ed Griffin
Assistant Network/System Administrator
MIT Lincoln Laboratory - Weather Sensing
Phone:    (781) 981-2871
mailto:edg at ll.mit.edu