afacli says Number of PRIMARY defects on drive: 5903

Arne Kepp ak at smallworld.no
Thu Aug 29 09:02:00 CDT 2002

Talked to Dell in Norway today, they're takling about replacing the RAID
controller (which means the entire machine I suppose) if I do a disk
scan with one of the support-guys' favorite disk checker without getting
any errors (it'll take forever, but if that is the shortest path to
trying a new controller then so be it : ) The Dell Diagnostics I ran
late last night gave me the following error, which the support guy I
talked to was unable to interpret.

Test Errors
SCSI 2-005 Disk - Read Test                                : Fail
  Device: SCSI_2_005_Disk  Test: Read_Test
  Release: 1068 Module(s): Scsi
  Msg: Block 20992: : Unexpected bus free

This only happened once, all other drives checked out okay and the
second time I ran it I didn't get any errors on drive 5 either... it's
an elusive thing. Just thought I'd run it by you in case you've seen it
before or it is of any interest.
-Arne