dual HBA SAN attached + raid + LVM

Steve Mickeler steve at neptune.ca
Tue Aug 27 22:40:00 CDT 2002

Following up from my original post, I've managed to get this working.

I ended up upgrading a few things.

1) Went from kernel 2.4.18 to 2.4.19

2) Enabled BLIST_LARGELUN  support for my disks in the
drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c file in the kernel source. BLIST_LARGELUN allows
scsi-2 devices to be seen as scsi-3 devices and therefore is allowed to
have 256 LUN's instead of the 8 LUN scsi-2 limit.

3) Installed the raidtools and lvm rpm's from redhat 7.3 ( This box is
redhat 7.1)

Now I am able to create the multipathed config.

So, now I have 2 Emulex LP8000's attached to the SAN.

I will be testing the multipath functionality tomorrow as I start pulling
the fiber from the HBA's at random :)