PE1650, DRAC III, RH7.3

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Tue Aug 27 17:13:00 CDT 2002

Try the OpenManage Documentation CD.  Alternatively, some online
documentation on the RAC controllers(including DRAC III) can be found at:
http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/software/smdrac3 .  A users guide can be found
@ the DRAC III link.  DRAC III installation, setup guide and addtional
documentation will be found in @ the generic RAC documentation (Remote
Assistant Card)link.

Hope this helps,

Joshua Giles
Linux Operating System Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Pierre Deckers [mailto:j.deckers at zylom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 9:02 AM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: PE1650, DRAC III, RH7.3

Hi all,

	We have recently received a few PE1650's, PERC3/Di, RAID-1, w/
DRAC III management cards.
We have installed Redhat 7.3 clean out of the box, and everything seems
to work fine. We have not
installed any Dell-specific software.

We now can't seem to find any (good) information about how to use the
DRACIII's with these
servers. The Dell-site mostly (if not only) talks about DRAC II's, and
we can't seem to find
what we exactly need to do to use the III's.

We've read about the linux OMSA 1.1.0 release, but it's not clear to us
if this is necessary to install
on our new servers (we rather not install any other software besides the
basic install we have made).
We want to manage the servers from a Win2K-machine.

Any directions/hints would be really appreciated, as we are quite lost
here.

Best regards,
Jean-Pierre