PE6650 Disk I/O performance under Linux

Ken Rice krice at tlcdelivers.com
Mon Aug 26 20:41:00 CDT 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Norman Gaywood wrote:

>Sorry, no answers, just a "me too".
>
>On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 04:19:59PM -0400, Darrin Hyrup wrote:
>> My questions are whether or not there is anything we can do to reduce disk
>> I/O bottleneck using Dell components?  Is there a better RAID card that we

Not an answer for you using Dell components, but in our "row" of Dell PE
4400's that we build Oracle db's on, one has an ICP Vortex (now
Intel-owned) 64-bit 66MHz QC Card that I spec'd special for some Oracle on
Linux test builds. Since the RnD dept. here sees a minimum of 25%
improvement in build time on that box, they'd like these cards installed
from now on in all new servers, and they're req'ing them for the existing
servers.

Would love to see Dell offer these as an option.

--
Ken Rice
The Library Corporation