Poweredge 2550's and RH 7.3

Mon Aug 26 09:49:01 CDT 2002

> We bought four poweredge 2550's all at the same time this past spring.
> Two are two-cpu, on-board raid boxes and two are one-cpu
> non-raid boxes.
> All Run RedHat 7.3.  The ones with 2 cpus and RAID reboot erratically
> and at different frequencies.  One reboots every 5-20 minutes or so.
> The other once a week or so.  There is never a kernel dump message or
> anything in the log to tip us off on why.

Have you installed OMSA (OpenManage Server Administrator)?  That has a
utility which can read the system event logs which may help determine why
they're rebooting: omreport system esmlog

If that doesn't show anything, use memtest86 to verify that you've got good
memory.  www.memtest86.com

It sounds like a hardware issue to me - you should probably call tech
support and get the issue logged (with the above information at least).

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch