Is trunking or teaming supported or not?

Brian K. Jones jonesy at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Aug 26 09:41:00 CDT 2002

If I had bought these PE 2650's from Dell with Redhat preinstalled on
them by Dell, would they come configured for trunking/teaming?  Is this
something that *is* supported somewhere by someone?

I have the two Broadcomm 5701 NICs, and honestly, that's pretty useless
unless there's either load balancing or failover - and failover isn't
nearly as useful, so load balancing is really what I'm looking for.  I
have version 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 of basp, but neither of them provide a very
clean implementation (or, I can't get it to work cleanly, anyway).
There should be newer code out, but I can't find it.  Seems like there
should also be more docs on this than there are, but I can't find them.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
--

Brian K. Jones