Linux-PowerEdge digest, Vol 1 #567 - 9 msgs

Mon Aug 26 09:10:01 CDT 2002

> However, the "slower" machine has firmware
> version 2.6 while the "faster" machine has something one step
> down from
> that.  I can't quite remember, I want to say 2.54 but I
> haven't rebooted
> it in so long.  Anyway, we discounted the difference in RAID firmware
> because we figured it wouldn't make sense for the NEWER firmware to be
> SLOWER than the older firmware.  Is this perhaps not the case?

PERC3/Di (and for that matter, all aacraid-driven ROMBs) firmware 2.6 was in
fact slower than 2.5 or 2.7.  It's most noticable on the PE2400 and it's
PERC2/Si controller.  That was one of the reasons 2.7 came out as soon after
2.6 as it did.

Thanks,
Matt

--