RAC and Linux

James Bourne jbourne at mtroyal.ab.ca
Sun Aug 25 11:18:00 CDT 2002

What is the status of the RAC and use from Linux?
Will this ever be supported?
Why is the current RAC a "windows only" interface?

I tried the RAC on one of our 2600s from my laptop with a crossover cable,
and unfortunately of course it didn't work properly...  My laptop BTW, is
a panasonic cf-47 with RH 7.3...  I would be better if there was support for
Linux based browsers (or at least vendor neutral browsers) for the interface
to the RAC.

Also, I do not want to run IE5 from the cross-over plugin, although that
is an option...

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."