PowerEdge 2550 / Qlogic / PV660F Troubles

Labonte, Brandon BRANDON.LABONTE at ttu.edu
Sat Aug 24 23:46:01 CDT 2002

I am using RedHat's advanced server 2.1 which ships with a 2.4.9-e.3 kernel.
I am reasonably certain the kernel contains RedHat additions.  I have
created four volumes of raid level 0+1 via the Array Manager in Windows.  I
should also note that I do not have a SAN, but just direct-attach fibre
channel.

I wasn't able to install RedHat until I did an expert install and loaded my
SCSI drivers by hand.  If the system picked up the QLA2x00 then the install
wouldn't recognize the drives correctly.  So, I boot without them and try to
install the module by hand.

Thank you,

Brandon

---
Brandon LaBonte
Director of Sofware Development
Information Technology Division, Texas Tech University
806.742.1650