super user clone & x-server disabling

Sat Aug 24 00:06:00 CDT 2002

> I wonder if RH 7.3 somehow does utilize the wheel group since
> there is a
> wheel group created after install in /etc/group....

/etc/pam.d/su has:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_rootok.so
# Uncomment the following line to implicitly trust users in the "wheel"
group.
#auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_wheel.so trust use_uid
# Uncomment the following line to require a user to be in the "wheel" group.
#auth       required     /lib/security/pam_wheel.so use_uid

So you can uncomment one and either allow su without password if in wheel,
or require group wheel to su.

Thanks,
Matt

--