2650/Adaptec - hardware config question.

Ard van Breemen ard at telegraafnet.nl
Thu Aug 22 13:54:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:52:58AM -0400, Hubbard, David wrote:
> Sounds like your sales rep talked someone in purchasing into
Please don't bring out the sales rep's.

Ours was convinced that linux will die, everything will be
windows, and the serial console port will probably dissappear or be
replaced by a usb to serial converter, because that serial line controller
is on the isa bus, so if we still needed headless support we should use
that proprietery dell management software on a windows pc, or we should
by an rs232 card for the pci bus, which will be faster than the internal
one on the isa bus.

Let's just say that dell is a very big company. Decide for
yourself what you need inside a dell, and don't talk technical to
dell, they will not be able to cope with it.

(PS: Personal feelings etc., standard disclaimer)
--
begin  ILOVEYOU.VBS 666
<ard at telegraafnet.nl> Telegraaf Elektronische Media