how to kickstart a poweredge 1650 with RedHat 7.3

Ard van Breemen ard at telegraafnet.nl
Thu Aug 22 13:47:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 08:26:51PM +0200, Ard van Breemen wrote:
> Besides that:
> The download of the boot image (pxe boot) is sometimes really
> fast, and sometimes really terrible slow. I am not really pleased with
> this first encounter with the e1000...
I have to correct myself: they are always terrible slow.
A simple download of the kernel during boot, which takes a
eepro100 pxe boot less than a second, well, let's say this without
exagaration, you can easily drink a few cups of coffee.
It takes more than 5 minutes or so before it has downloaded the
kernel image. I guess that means the pxe bios is b0rken.
--
begin  ILOVEYOU.VBS 666
<ard at telegraafnet.nl> Telegraaf Elektronische Media