packet loss in heavy network load under 2.4 kernel

Bergs flygong at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 01:53:01 CDT 2002

hi

My kernel is 2.4.16.

when I use th smartbit test device to test the performance of eepro100 driver 1.23b version.

I test it on a intel s220 server with two intel 82550PM chip network interface.The data flow  generated by smartbit device come into the NIC 1 and come out from NIC 2.

when the data load is 25% of 100Mbps,bi-directional,64byte frame size,and the test duration is 60 second,the test result display that serious packet loss take place. when the duration decrease to 10 second,the other test condition matain unchanged,no packet losss.

I wonder whether the memory is out of use.

I want to know why this happen? and how to solve it ?

Thanks a lot

                          bergs