MegaMgr

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Wed Aug 21 00:32:01 CDT 2002

Correct...there is NOT an option to add a HD in the BIOS of the PERC3/DC
(LSI) Raid Controller.  The option you are looking for is called
"Reconstruct".  You have two options:

1.  Download the file (Filename:  dc529a5.exe) at the link I provided below.

http://support.dell.com/us/en/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R45343

All you need is a bootable floppy and the dellconf.exe file on the same
floppy.  Boot from the floppy disk and run it from the DOS prompt.

*Note:  It also works on the older AMI PERCs such as the Perc II, 2/SC &
2/DC cards (although it has the ability to reconstruct in its firmware
already)

2.  Delete the Logical Drive and add/re-create the array with all your
existing HD's plus the new hard drive you are adding in, then initialize the
Logical Drive.

Array Manager is another way to accomplish this task but Array Manager is
NOT available for Linux.

Thank You,

Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support