Doing a mount to a NFS share

Tue Aug 20 18:13:01 CDT 2002

Firewall is enabled? :-)  run 'authconfig' to disable it so NFS works.
(usual comment about only on trusted networks etc...)
-Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux
#1 US Linux Server provider for 2001 and Q1/2002! (IDC May 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Rinehart [mailto:ken.rinehart at fhpwireless.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 5:42 PM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Doing a mount to a NFS share

Can someone help me out with a small NFS problem on a pe1650?  Basically
rpcinfo shows mountd and portmap are running. "service nfs restart" works
and everything comes up ok. /etc/exports has the directory exported as
"/home x.x.x.x(rw)" (the x being the IP address).  But when I type "mount
servername:/home /home" on a client I get: "mount: RPC: RPC: port mapper
failure RPC: unable to receive"  Seems simple enough but I'm totally miffed.

Ken