linux 7.3 on poweredge 4600

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 20 16:57:00 CDT 2002

We are looking at buying the PowerEdge 4600 w/Dual 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 2
36GB SCSI in RAID 1, with extra PERC3/DC RAID controller which will
controller the following external drives: PowerEdge220S w/8x73GB
10Kdrives. Also looking to put this in a Dell 4210 Rack w a Triplite 2200
UPS to back everything up.

We want to run Red Hat Linux 7.3 Pro, with ext3 on this bad boy.

I know this is a Dell mailing list. Can I get some responses from people
if they have similar eq, how does it perform, how does the hardware match
with Red Hat linux 7.3, etc. etc.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks in advnace,

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu