Linux & Dell/EMC SAN

Craig I. Hagan hagan at CIH.COM
Tue Aug 20 16:24:00 CDT 2002

> it's at a default of 127.  that's very interesting.. what sort of system do
> you have connected to your storage ? mine's a dual p3/733 running redhat linux
> 2.4.18-5 with dual qla2200s and 1G of system ram.  it has 128 nfsds running
> at present..

nfs service has different io requirements -- you likely don't want let
readahead to get too high. I'm doing local io against my array (using a dell
2550 atached to a sunt3 storage array). I've used several other arrays at
various times for testing.

-- craig

Craig I. Hagan     "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to back it up"
hagan(at)cih.com        "True hackers don't die, their ttl expires"
  	"It takes a village to raise an idiot, but an idiot can raze a village"

	Stop the spread of spam, use a sendmail condom!
	     http://www.cih.com/~hagan/smtpd-hacks

                       In Bandwidth we trust