Linux & Dell/EMC SAN

Jeffrey J. Guilfoyle JeffreyGuilfoyle at solutionary.com
Tue Aug 20 08:45:00 CDT 2002

On Friday, August 16, 2002, at 4:38 AM jason andrade wrote:
> EMC says use driver X for support with EMC Clariion Dell Equipment
with
> RedHat Linux
> RedHat Linux says use driver Y for support with EMC Clariion Dell
> Equipment with RedHat Linux

It gets better...

When using the QLogic driver that ships w/ RH AS 2.1 (5.31.RH1), we
could only see half our Clariion LUN's (those on the first SP found).
When using the latest driver available from QLogic (5.38.9-fo), we could
see the other half (but not the first).  This "EMC Qualified" driver
(4.47.15) is the only one that works in our environment[1].

--jeff

[1] so far, works is defined as 'able to _see_ all the drives'.