PE4600 reboot problem

Joseph Ashby Joseph.Ashby at Halliburton.com
Mon Aug 19 18:55:01 CDT 2002

I have installed RedHat 7.2 on a PE4600. When I reboot the server it just
hangs at the restarting server message. I have added the 'reboot=bios,smp'
option to the grub kernel startup line:

kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.9-34smp ro root=/dev/sda5 reboot=bios,smp acpismp=force

But it does not seem to help. The same problem occurs with the standard
kernel (2.4.7-10smp) and I have tried the errata kernel (2.4.9-34smp).

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

            Joe Ashby

Joseph L. Ashby
  Shared Services -  Infrastructure Support
  Halliburton Energy Services
  3000 North Sam Houston Parkway East
  Houston, TX 77032
  * (281) 871-7172 - voice