Linux & Dell/EMC SAN

Craig I. Hagan hagan at cih.com
Fri Aug 16 21:44:01 CDT 2002

> brave.. i've not been able to justify going past ext3fs myself.. but
> then i've been pretty happy with the brute force read performance from
> a 650F.. i only need it to delivery between 30-50Mbyte/sec read which
> seems well within it's performance specifications.

you should be ablve to do better than that. out of curiosity, what value have
you set vm.max-readahead (/proc/sys/vm/max-readahead) to? I've found that my
peak performance is w/ 1023, with 511 being nearly identical and 255 being
somewhat slower.

-- craig

Craig I. Hagan     "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to back it up"
hagan(at)cih.com        "True hackers don't die, their ttl expires"
  	"It takes a village to raise an idiot, but an idiot can raze a village"

	Stop the spread of spam, use a sendmail condom!
	     http://www.cih.com/~hagan/smtpd-hacks

                       In Bandwidth we trust