Linux & Dell/EMC SAN

jason andrade jason at dstc.edu.au
Fri Aug 16 04:39:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Arjan Van de Ven wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 03:40:57PM -0500, Gary_Lerhaupt at dell.com wrote:
> >
> > The QLogic driver RPM is available at:
> > http://www.qlogic.com/support/oem_detail_all.asp?oemid=65
> > Look for the heading "EMC CLARiiON Approved Dell RPM for RedHat Linux v2.1
> > AS and RedHat v7.3"
>
> I'm sure you also wanted to say that customers who actually care about their
> data or do not want to invalidate their support contracts or certifications
> should not use this but use the tested driver that ships in
> RHL AS and RHL7.3 instead....

got to love that.

EMC says use driver X for support with EMC Clariion Dell Equipment with RedHat Linux
RedHat Linux says use driver Y for support with EMC Clariion Dell Equipment with RedHat Linux

EMC says, use driver X to be approved and maintain your support/certification/qualification
RH  says, use driver Y to be..

now i *know* i am having a horrible week.  i have EMCDELLCLariion equipment and RedHat Linux.
i wonder who i really pissed off upstairs.

regards,

-jason