PowerEdge 2650 & Redhat 7.3

Wed Aug 14 09:05:00 CDT 2002

The latest version is out and has the source included in it.  Path to it is
http://ftp1.us.dell.com/network and filename is Bcom_LAN_60_RHSrc_02.tar.gz.
Binaries are in the same directory as rpm's for 7.2 and 7.3 as well.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Najib Ninaba [mailto:najib at remorseful.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 8:42 AM
To: Steve_Boley at exchange.dell.com
Cc: knuffie at xs4all.nl; Linux-Poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Re: PowerEdge 2650 & Redhat 7.3

Hello,

Can we get the source rpm for the bcm5700 package? The latest broadcom
driver dated Aug 1st from DELL for Red Hat 7.2 is only for kernel
version 2.4.7-10. At least update it to the latest errata kernel like
2.4.9-34 maybe?

-najib

* Steve_Boley at dell.com <Steve_Boley at dell.com> [2002-08-14 08:15:48 -0500]:

> Recently all new drivers were released for the broadcoms for linux and
> windows both and are available for download.  Huge jump in version for the
> linux from 2.0.37 to 2.2 something with lots of bug fixes in the readme
for
> the versions between the 2 so the newer version should help immensely.
> Steve

Najib Ninaba
---
http://www.remorseful.org/
PGP fingerprint
3BA1 3A8C BA85 6CD8 9BD2  E0E2 6B7E 4151 C473 90A7