PowerEdge 2650 & Redhat 7.3

Darrin Hyrup shades at mythicgames.com
Wed Aug 14 08:52:01 CDT 2002

In addition to the issues covered above, we've also noticed a noticeable
performance hit with the native 7.3 kernel (at least in our applications)
on all the two dozen or so 2650s we're running.  Moving back to the
2.4.9-34 kernel (latest errata 7.2 kernel) on all our new 7.3 installs
solved the issues for us.  We have yet to determine what is causing these
issues for us, but it is very noticeable at the higher utilization
levels... our PE2550s (dual p3-1.26Ghz) running 7.2 (w/2.4.9-34) are much
more efficient (and can support more load) than our PE2650s (dual xeon2
2.2ghz) running 7.3 (w/2.4.19-5).

Best,

Darrin