2650 era update and (apparent) hardware errors

Paul Haldane Paul.Haldane at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Aug 13 08:12:00 CDT 2002

I recently upgraded the era firmware on one of our 2650s and the fan
noise
dropped significantly (which is great).  I did the update using tftp
from a
laptop using the web interface.

All seems fine _but_ the system is now claiming that lots of voltages
are too
high/low and the same for temperatures - the system appears to be
working fine
and doesn't feel hot.

It even claims that one of the PSUs isn't working though I can see that
both PSUs are working (green lights on the back).

I seem to be getting consistent results whether I look at this through
the web server running on port 1311 of the host or the web server
running
on the era card itself.

What have I done wrong?  My gut feeling is that the ERA is confused in
some
way (I can't see how all that hardware could go bad at the same time and

the physical evidence tends to contradict what the diagnostics are
saying).

Paul
--
Paul Haldane
Unix Systems, Computing Service, University of Newcastle upon Tyne