Installing and resizing a new disk on PowerEdge 2540 with RAID 5 and Linux 7.0

Eric Yellin eric at migvan.co.il
Mon Aug 12 16:53:00 CDT 2002

I have installed a new disk to the our PowerEdge 2450 server that has a
PERC3/Si controller and  RAID 5 configured (had 3 -  18 GB disks and added
an additional one).
Using the reconfigure option of the afacli utility I configured the RAID
container and now have 4 disks in the container each showing 11.2 GB however
I still have only 33.8 GB disk instead of  ~ 45GB Following is the output
from the CLI "container list " command:
Num          Total  Oth Chunk          Scsi   Partition
Label Type   Size   Ctr Size   Usage   B:ID:L Offset:Size
----- ------ ------ --- ------ ------- ------ -------------
 0    RAID-5 33.8GB       32KB Open    0:00:0 64.0KB:11.2GB
 /dev/sda             Virtual Disk     0:01:0 64.0KB:11.2GB
                                       0:02:0 64.0KB:11.2GB
                                       0:03:0 64.0KB:11.2GB

I need to somehow grow the Total Size and also resize the file system. I
assume I should use PARTED for this but since this is a production machine I
am afraid to cause damage having never used it before.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks Eric
Eric Yellin
Migvan Effect