autofs mount challenge

Soukup, Kevin (IL50) kevin.soukup at honeywell.com
Mon Aug 12 13:01:01 CDT 2002

Greetings All,

I'm having problems NFS automounting (autofs 3.1.7-28) volumes below the
root level of a server (I export / and /raid) as below:

MOUNTEE:
exports:
/	*.domain.com(rw,sync,no_root_squash)
/raid	*.domain.com(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

In the auto.net file, if I use the * (shortcut) to define the mount point
name, I can't mount the sub-level volume, but if I give it a literal name it
works just fine. I'd like to avoid having to type all the literals and
continue using the * instead.

MOUNTOR:

THIS DOES NOT WORK:
auto.net
*  -fstype=nfs,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid  mountee:/
*  -fstype=nfs,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid  mountee:/raid

WHILE THIS DOES WORK:
auto.net
mountee      -fstype=nfs,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid  mountee:/
mounteeraid  -fstype=nfs,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid
mountee:/raid

Can anyone point me in a direction please?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Kevin Soukup
CAD/CAM Engineer - Oracle DBA - MatrixOne SysAdmin

Honeywell Automation & Control Solutions Automation and Control Products
Division
11 W. Spring Street
Freeport, IL 61032

Phone:	(815) 235-6944