Help quick! Cooling is broken, have to do a safe poweroff from network.

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Sat Aug 10 16:00:00 CDT 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Frank Louwers wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 09:30:56PM +0200, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> >
> > I'm on holiday and the cooling is broken in our
> > machine-room. There seems to be around 40-50 degrees
> > in the room right now. So I just have to shut down
> > all machines. So how safe am I that the poweredge 2500sc
> > will poweroff, not just halt and leave the power on?
>
> Can't you halt the machine and then call someone onsite to cut the
> power? Even the main switches if they have to...

I really dont want to do that. The time here is now 22.56, saturday,
and there is no one very close to the machine.
I called a guy earlier this day, and he opened the door to the room
to let air cool down, but somehow he must have screwed up, and the door
have locked again.

I guess I just make an apm-module, modprobe it, call poweroff, and
hope for the best.