Help quick! Cooling is broken, have to do a safe poweroff fro m network.

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Sat Aug 10 14:47:00 CDT 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Hubbard, David wrote:

> Does it have dual cpu's?  I don't think SMP
> systems are apmd compatible.  If not, it might
> work if power management was turned on in the bios,
> no guarantees though.

Its not dual cpu, only one. And its not hyperthreaded either.

I have tested that /sbin/poweroff has worked before, but
that was with another kernel, which I have unfortunately deleted know.
It was a custom kernel 2.4.16-pre1, and I'm now running a custom
kernel 2.4.17.

The big question is, do I have to compile an apm-module, and
could it be it will not work even if I do so?

kjetism at notam02 ~ $ more /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 927.175
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr
 sse
bogomips        : 1848.11