no more non-ms systems?

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Sat Aug 10 13:32:00 CDT 2002

Hmm, just saw this on slashdot:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/08/10/1420208&mode=thread&tid=109

The article only speaks about precisions, optiplex and latitude. How
much chance is there that this "spreads" to our beloved poweredges?

I mean, we have a webhosting firm, and buy PE's (mostly fully equiped
350's), because for 2000 EUR, we have a very good system that fits our
needs perfectly, including 320 GB storage and a 3 year on-site
contract. However, if we should have to add more than 600 EUR
to that, I am inclined to look for another hardware supplier!

Matt, do you have reassuring words for me (pretty please)?

Kind Regards,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium