X on a PowerEdge 6100

Michael_E_Brown@Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Fri Aug 9 10:11:00 CDT 2002

ouch. 6100 used a cirrus logic chip, I don't remember the exact version. It
may be the same Cirrus Logic that is in 8450, I don't know.

Video on 6100 never was very good, I would recommend using remote X
connections, if possible. The video on all of the ones I ever touched would
barely go up to 1024x768, I think it had only 1mb video ram, so you could
only get 256 colors, and it looked really bad.
--
Michael