X on a PowerEdge 6100

James J Bruce brucej at musc.edu
Fri Aug 9 09:58:00 CDT 2002

Most of the PowerEdges (at least the ones I have) use the ATI on board
chipsets.  You should do fine choosing one of the ATI drivers, Like the
RAGE PRO, etc.  If this is redhat it will most likely find it for you.  At
the command prompt, as root, type the command setup.  There is an X
Configurator available and it will walk you through it.  ATI is in there.
Wish I could provide more help, but I run Debian.  :-)

Good Luck

--On Friday, August 09, 2002 10:50:31 -0400 Jim Wiedman <jim at wiedman.com>
wrote:

> I apologize for asking another stupid question, but after hours of
> searching manuals and the web, I cannot find what video driver I should
> be using for the onboard video on my PowerEdge 6100.
>
> Dell lists the parts, but they are so cryptic that I have been unable to
> match the listed item (Card(Circuit),Planar (Motherboard),
> 4XP6,PowerEdge) with the name of a motherboard.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jim

=====
James J Bruce (brucej at musc.edu)
GCRC Informatics Manager
Medical University of South Carolina
Charleston, SC 29425  (843) 876-5101

There are two major products that have come out of The University of
California at Berkeley: LSD and BSD.  We don't believe this to be a
coincidence.
-- Jeremy S. Anderson