PowerEdge 4400 Kernel Panic!

Eric Björkvall eric.bjorkvall at mtc.ki.se
Thu Aug 8 08:02:00 CDT 2002

Hi,

Our linux server crashes! Seams to happen after ARKEIA (backup program)
has finished it's nightly session. When ARKEIA kick in the machine gets
less responsive, drops packages when pinging it even though ARKEA does
not
take up more than 20% of on one of two CPUs.

Same message every time:
Code 0f 0b 58 5a 8b 03 89 86 18 26 00 00 b0 01 86 86 20 26 00 00 kernel
panic Aiee, killing interrupt handler! In interrupt handler - not
syncing

I'm running a PowerEdge 4400 dual P3 Xenon with RedHat 7.3, kernel
2.4.18-5smp  ( kernel upgraded with up2date) and I'm backing up to a
PowerVault
120T.

  When starting up I get the message:
"failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2"
from modules.conf: alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx

Any Clues?

Eric Björkvall
IT Manager
Microbiology & Tumor Biology Center (MTC)
Karolinska Institutet
Box 280
S-171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Office: +46 (0)8 728 63 09