Linux and RAID

joaquin gomez joaquin.gomez at psa.es
Thu Aug 8 04:16:00 CDT 2002

The PERC 2 has the BIOS enable for the machine start with its, OK?
The new card PERC 3/DC has the BIOS disable, because this card must connect
with the POWERVAULT only, not with the internal disk
the machine, where is the system, OK?

Well, I change the scan sequence but the same thing

Linux stop when the Kernel in loading and start to print menssages in the
screen!

I don´t now how set to boot with the PERC 2, but i think what that is done!

The problem is what when the PERC 3/DC is in the machine the kernel stop
when is starting

This is my /etc/modules.conf:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 e100
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
#alias usb-controller usb-uhci

Thank

Joaquín Gómez Cano
Servicio de Informática - Plataforma Solar de Almeria
e-mail:
joaquin.gomez at psa.es
estacionesdetrabajo at psa.es
sistemasycomunicaciones at psa.es