PowerEdge 6100 and RedHat 7.x

Jim Wiedman Jim at Wiedman.com
Wed Aug 7 21:46:00 CDT 2002

I'm trying to install RedHat Linux on a PowerEdge 6100 and am having a very
difficult time.  The install always hangs when loading the megaraid
driver.  The install
log indicates that a logical drive can't be found.

I've been told that this system had Windows 2000 Advanced server loaded
(although
it will not boot now).

I've tried installing RedHat 7.0, 7.2, 7.3 and Limbo (when all else
fails, try a different
OS version) but I get stuck at the same point.

The Raid Controller is a PERC Standard U84.

Am I missing something obvious?  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Wiedman