Intel Pro 1000/XT problems

Honbo Zhou honbozhou at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 16:30:01 CDT 2002

I am running into a problem with Intel Pro 1000/XT on a PowerEdge 250 Dell server
running RedHat 7.1. I have two Intel NICs, the other one is a built-in Intel Pro 100,
which works fine. I am using the e1000.o that comes with RedHat 7.1.

The problem is that my server doesn't seem to be able to detect the Pro 1000/XT NIC.
when I do a "insmod e1000, I got the following errors:

/lib/modules/2.4.2.2smp/kernel/drivers/net/e1000.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO
or IRQ parameters.

The Pro 100 NIC has IRQ 11, the Pro 1000/XT has IRQ 5, I am not sure about the IO parameters.

Your help is appreciated.

Honbo