Linux and RAID

Wed Aug 7 14:10:00 CDT 2002

> I have a poweredge 6300 with one PERC 2 and I´m trying
> add one PERC 3 Di for one Powervault

I assume you mean PERC 3/DC.  It's an add-in card, the 3/Di isn't.

> but when
> i insert the card into the server linux don´t start!!!

1) BIOS must be set to boot from the PERC2, not the PERC 3/DC.  This is a
config option in the Setup screen available immediately after power-on.
2) Linux must think that the PERC2 is your boot device.  This means that
/etc/modules.conf needs to list the aacraid driver first, the megaraid
driver second.  If that's backward, it won't work.  Fix that, remake your
initrd, and reboot.

Thanks,
Matt

--