Poor PE4600 NFS performance

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
Mon Aug 5 16:22:01 CDT 2002

what would be the contents of /etc/fstab for the clients, I have something like:

shodan:/home            /home   nfs  rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

This should make things better I would think for the client to read, I got this
out of the man pages and put it in, no problems.

> workstations.  From the PE4600 we are seeing NFS read rates of ~14
> MB/sec.  Between all of the other machines we are seeing NFS read rates
> of 26 to 35 MB/sec.

	Maybe I am daft but I don't seem to see this, you are getting a performace of
26-35 MB/sec generally but NFS between machine is just about 14MB/sec ? Is that
what you mean ?

--
Aly Dharshi
aly.dharshi at uleth.ca