Poor PE4600 NFS performance

Rick Gaudette Richard.Gaudette at Colorado.EDU
Mon Aug 5 15:30:01 CDT 2002

Hi John,

Yes, the PERC-3 controller is configured and enabled.  We are getting
60-90 MB/sec read rates of the RAID-5 array.  Also, plain TCP
communication occurs at about 67-85 MB/sec depending upon the particular
gigabit NIC in the other machine.  These two benchmarks seem to imply
that we should be getting much better NFS read performance.

Thanks,
Rick