New to RAID/Linux - PE2650, Redhat 7.3

Brian K. Jones jonesy at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Aug 5 10:08:00 CDT 2002

~~~~~~~ Resending due to error ~~~~~~~

Thanks, I'll keep that stuff in mind as well, though I'm even more
confused after opening this thing up, maybe someone can tell me what the
docs don't even make mention of (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong).

There are two disks in this 2650 as it came from the factory.
Obviously, they plug directly into the FRONT of the box.  However, what
appears to be the RAID card has nothing plugged into it, and it's all
the way in the BACK of the box (it says Adaptec 39160/Dell on it, and
the chip right near the disks says Adaptec 7899).  How the heck do you
connect the drives in front to the card in back?

Additionally, when I boot, CTRL-A only gets me to the SCSI-Select
menus.  There's no prompt to press ctrl-m or enter the bios for the RAID
card.

Is this process documented somewhere?