New to RAID/Linux - PE2650, Redhat 7.3

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 5 08:51:00 CDT 2002

At 09:37 5-8-2002 -0400, Brian K. Jones wrote:

>My question *now* is: How do I control the RAID level?  How do I know
>how the driver is treating the disks?  How do I know if it's being
>mirrored? etc. etc.

You set that up in the BIOS. Make a backup of your disks/partitions.
Connect the disks to the raid controller, go into the raid controller bios
(Ctrl-M IIRC) and create a new raid config. Don't forget to initialize the
array.

After that it will start scrubbing and you can restore your backups.

Cheers

--
Seth