New to RAID/Linux - PE2650, Redhat 7.3

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 5 08:26:01 CDT 2002

At 09:09 5-8-2002 -0400, Brian K. Jones wrote:
>Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for the miscommunication - RAID 1
>(mirroring) is what I want to do.  The question now is once I have my
>root disk set up the way I want it, what's the device I'm aliasing in
>modules.conf?  I don't remember ever putting a module into that file
>just by itself on a line, but that appears to be what you're
>suggesting.

This from one of my PE2450 servers (perc2/dc controller)

[seth at lsintra seth]$ cat /etc/modules.conf
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias scsi_hostadapter1 megaraid
alias eth0 eepro100
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

So in your case it should look like this.
alias scsi_hostadapter aacraid

Then rebuild your initrd image.
mkinitrd (see help)

I always compile the scsi adapters that I need to access the root
filesystem into the kernel so I don't need to make initial ramdisk images.

It also makes sure I can reach the root fs when something goes wrong.

Cheers

--
Seth