Linux (non-RedHat) OMSA

James Bourne jbourne at mtroyal.ab.ca
Sat Aug 3 18:05:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, G. Barros wrote:

> what id really like to see is a non-rpm version of this so that us
> non-redhat users could take a peek at omsa...

Hi,
There is a package out there called alien for converting RPM
to other formats if you need it.  It is supposed to work very well and you
may be able to use it for this as well.  Problem is, I think OMSA is very
RH specific...

Regards
James Bourne

> -guil

James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA
www.mtroyal.ab.ca

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."