PowerEdge 350

James Bourne jbourne at mtroyal.ab.ca
Sat Aug 3 18:02:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Calvin Hall wrote:

> I am trying to install Red Hat 7.3 with Dell OpenManage Server Assistant
> 7.1 and it appears that it doesn't support Red Hat 7.3.  What should I do?
>  Is there a new version of OpenManage?  Should I use the Red Hat install
> and forget the KickStart disk?
>
> Service Tag: JDXJN11

FYI

We do have 2 PE350 running 7.3 and doing so like a charm.  Simply
go through a regular install (we've never used the openmanage CD for
installations).

You can makeup your own kickstart disk for the install (our base
installs are always done via kickstart as it make far more sense to have a
predefined package base plus configuration and the install takes
approximately 15 minutes on these systems).  See Red Hats website for info
on creating your own ks disk under 7.3.

Regards
James Bourne

> Calvin Hall
> calvinh at InclusiveSoftware.com
> Office #: 425.739.6194 x222
> Mobile #: 206.579.4475

James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA
www.mtroyal.ab.ca

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."