[Poweredgec-tools] C6220: "bmc Controller access degraded or unavailable Deasserted" log and how to check FCB version in linux

Michael_Stumpf at Dell.com Michael_Stumpf at Dell.com
Mon Mar 17 13:29:20 CDT 2014

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
The "bmc" tool on poweredgec.com can read fan control board version.

Try "bmc info".

Michael Stumpf
System Management & Tools
Dell | PowerEdge C

From: poweredgec-tools-bounces On Behalf Of n x
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 11:37 AM
To: poweredgec-tools
Subject: [Poweredgec-tools] C6220: "bmc Controller access degraded or unavailable Deasserted" log and how to check FCB version in linux

Hello,
I have two questions about C6220, we use linux on all the machine.
1) After I used ipmi to shutdown some C6220 machines, they begin to give plenty of "Controller access degraded or unavailable Deasserted" messages, which makes sel log full quickly. I tried to update bios/bmc version to 2.25 to stop this kinds of warning, but on most of the machines, it didn't solve this problem.
Any suggestions?
2) So I think to update the firmware of chassis(which is equal to fcb), but I would like to know the version of FCB before I do theupdate. And I didn't find how to check FCB version by command in linux? I don't want to check the bios by reboot the machine because there are many machines, it is not practic to do so.
Thanks in advance!
xm