[Poweredgec-tools] BMC firmware update error on C6145

John Hanks john.hanks at usu.edu
Wed Mar 5 22:25:52 CST 2014

Nigel,

I ran into this problem as well and found in some cases I had to reseat the
affected node to get the bmc to reset. I haven't seen this issue since BMC
firmware 1.15. In all cases I was eventually able to get the firmware
flashed, but it did seem to be much more likely to succeed if I ran
ipmiflash on the host rather than on another host flashing over the
network. If all else fails, I had 100% success running the firmware .BIN
files after booting from the OMSA Live CD. It's annoying to physically go
to each host, but it worked.

jbh