[Poweredgec-tools] How to retrieve C6220 chassis service tag

Gerrits, Kit kgerrits at comscore.com
Wed Dec 10 11:43:57 CST 2014

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately, the interesting commands return N/A:

F0820L IAD * BQ ie-eu ~ $ sudo dmidecode -s  chassis-asset-tag
N/A
F0820L IAD * BQ ie-eu ~ $ sudo dmidecode -s  chassis-serial-number
N/A
F0820L IAD * BQ ie-eu ~ $ sudo dmidecode -s  chassis-manufacturer
Dell Inc.
F0820L IAD * BQ ie-eu ~ $ sudo dmidecode -s  chassis-type
Rack Mount Chassis

If I loop through all available options, I get:
F0820L IAD * BQ ie-eu ~ $ for i in $(sudo dmidecode -s  2>&1|grep -v -e dmidecode: -e String -e Valid); do echo; echo $i; sudo dmidecode -s $i; done

bios-vendor
Dell Inc.

bios-version
1.1.19

bios-release-date
02/25/2013

system-manufacturer
Dell Inc.

system-product-name
PowerEdge C6220

system-version
Not Specified

system-serial-number
<REMOVED, blade asset tag>

system-uuid
<REMOVED>

baseboard-manufacturer
Dell Inc.

baseboard-product-name
03C9JJ

baseboard-version
A03

baseboard-serial-number
<REMOVED, blade asset tag>

baseboard-asset-tag
N/A

chassis-manufacturer
Dell Inc.

chassis-type
Rack Mount Chassis

chassis-version
N/A

chassis-serial-number
N/A

chassis-asset-tag
N/A

processor-family
Xeon
Xeon

processor-manufacturer
Intel(R) Corporation
Intel(R) Corporation

processor-version
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz

processor-frequency
2600 MHz
2600 MHz

Software versions:
F0820L IAD * BQ ie-eu ~ $ rpm -q dmidecode
dmidecode-2.11-2.el6.x86_64

F0820L IAD * BQ ie-eu ~ $ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.3 (Final)

I checked the full output of dmidecide and the Chassis Asset Tag does not show up on there, either)

Kind regards,

Kit Gerrits